At St. Joseph’s, we have experience of supporting children and young people with a wide range of need including:
Communication and Interaction (SLCN, ASC)
This area of need includes children with Autism Spectrum Condition and those with Speech and Language and Communication Needs. We use small group work or 1:1 to deliver specific tailored programmes across the school.
This may involve:
- Speech Therapy Assessments
Cognition and Learning (MLD, PMLD, SLD, SpLD)
This includes children with Specific and Moderate Learning Difficulties. We have a variety of programmes available and buy into the Educational Psychology Service for further specialist advice and provision.
To support pupils we can arrange for:
- Subject specific assessments
- Education Psychology Assessments – these could include memory, understanding, reasoning, logic and general skills assessment.
Social, Emotional and Health Difficulties
This includes any pupil who has emotional, social or mental health needs that impact on their ability to learn. We have a variety of routes to follow to access the right support for pupils. This includes:
- Assessment through observation
- Counselling service
- School Nurse
Sensory and/or Difficulties
This area includes children with hearing impairment, visual impairment, Multi-sensory impairment and physical difficulties. We work closely with:
- Movement programme for Reception children
- Occupational Therapy assessment
- Individual movement programmes
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.